Caroline holds a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Finance, a Bachelor of Laws degree (LL.B) from the University of Nairobi as well as a Post-Graduate Diploma in Law obtained from the Kenya School of Law. She is also a Certified Secretary (CS) and Certified Public Accounting (CPA) finalist and graduate from Strathmore University.
Caroline was admitted to bar in the year 2012 and has since gained experience in commercial law, banking securities, conveyancing and property law. She joined Mohammed Muigai as an Associate in the year 2017.
Corporate & Commercial Law, Banking and Finance Law, Real Estate and Property Development.
Highlight of notable matters
- Acting for a large scale foreign horticultural company setting up in Kenya, including advice on corporate structure, company incorporation, due diligence and land acquisition, employment contracts and work permits;
- Acting for a real estate developer in a housing development project within Nairobi comprising of over one hundred and sixty residential maisonettes and worth Kenya Shillings Nine Hundred Million;
- Acting for one of Kenya’s largest telecommunications company in the creation and registration of leases and licences for Fiber to the Building, micro-cells and base transmission stations;
- Acting for a pooled fund entity setting up operations in Kenya entailing advice on its corporate, procurement, management and human resource policies;
- Drafting and reviewing of commercial contracts and deeds including shareholder agreements, joint venture and collaborative agreements, agency contracts, trust deeds and wills.
- Acting for a wide portfolio of banks and other financial institutions in the preparation, registration and perfection of security documents;
- Incorporation and restructuring of companies and providing opinions on matters touching general company law;
- Handling general and specialized conveyancing matters including sale, transfer, leasing and charging land and giving legal advice on matters touching on land.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya