David graduated with a Bachelor of Laws degree from The Catholic University of Eastern Africa in 2012 and a Post -Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
David joined Mohammed Muigai as a legal intern in the year 2012 and subsequently undertook his pupilage at the firm until his admission to the Bar in the year 2014.
Civil and commercial litigation in the areas defamation law, banking law & labour-related disputes
Highlight of notable matters
- Successfully represented Communications Commissions of Kenya in a Judicial Review matter involving it’s the licensing function.
- Successfully represented Barclays Bank of Kenya in a Judicial Review application concerned with the powers of The Retirement Benefits Appeals Tribunal, whether they could re-hear an appeal they had determined.
- Successfully handled a Judicial Review Application against The Business Premises Rent Tribunal where it was held that the tribunal could not act against a clear provision of its parent act.
- Successfully represented Caltex Oil Kenya Limited in a claim for breach of contract.
- Represented the Chinese Embassy in a criminal matter where several citizens of the People’s Republic of China had been arrested in Runda, Nairobi on suspicion of committing cyber-crimes.
- Successfully argued an application to have the suit struck out on behalf of the Nairobi Star Publications. The suit had been filed outside the limitation period.
- Representing both the Nairobi Star and Nation Media Group in a number of libel suits arising from their broadcast and print media.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya
- Contributed in the publication of “Enabling the Business of Agriculture 2016 – Comparing Regulatory Good Practices.’’