Deputy Managing Partner
Mr. Wetangula joined the law firm in 2008 and is currently the Deputy Managing Partner. He is a graduate of the University of Nairobi, having obtained both his LLB degree and holds a Post Graduate diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
He has extensive experience in Civil and Commercial Litigation and Arbitration. He has represented various clients in litigation matters in High Court, Court of Appeal, the Supreme Court and the East African Court of Justice. He is widely experienced in public law related matters, namely judicial review of administrative action and constitutional law litigation and election petitions.
With regard to commercial disputes, he has represented clients numerous clients in wide ranging litigation and arbitration disputes related to aircraft ownership, advising oil companies (upstream) on various contractual matters and dispute resolution.
Civil litigation relating to public law areas of judicial review and constitution petitions. He also handles commercial law disputes and industrial relations claims.
Highlight of notable matters
- Review of the Petroleum Sub-Sector in Kenya and led the drafting two sets of Regulations: a) The Energy Act (Petroleum Contracts) Regulations of 2008 and b) The Energy (Petroleum Disputes) Regulations, 2008.
- Represented clients in litigation dispute filed at the East African Court of Justice.
- Represented numerous clients litigation related disputes ranging from public law related matters, employment disputes at the Supreme Court of Kenya.
- Undertaken arbitration for clients in commercial disputes ranging from commercial transactions; property related disputes, aircraft ownership related disputes;
- Advising clients with regard to labour and employment related matter particularly restructuring of the work force. Retrenchment and/or redundancies and lay off with a view to avert fall out and long drawn disputes between the employer, employees and labour unions
- Undertook a course on Governance and Sectoral Strategies in County Policy and Legislative Development which enhanced his legal technical capacity in matters relating to legal reform.
- Undertaken courses related to the Oil and Gas Sector
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya