Gabriel holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from the University of Nairobi’s School of Law as well as a Post-Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law.
He also holds a Diploma in French (Distinction) from the Alliance Française, Nairobi and is a member of the Law Society of Kenya. Gabriel joined Mohammed Muigai as a legal intern in the year 2010 and subsequently undertook his pupilage at the firm until his admission to the Bar in the year 2012.
Civil and commercial litigation including banking and finance law, defamation law, employment law, constitutional law and judicial review, land and environment law
Highlight of notable matters
- Successfully defended Equity Bank Limited in an employment claim made against it worth Kshs. 35 million
- Successfully defended a potentially multi-million shilling defamation claim by a prominent Kenyan lawyer against Nation Media Group Limited
- Representing I & M Bank Limited in litigation concerning an avalised bill of exchange whose value is in excess of Kshs. 100 million
- Representing Kenya Pipeline Corporation in multiple negligence suits against it arising from the Sinai slums tragedy
- Successfully represented Kenya Commercial Bank Limited in cases challenging the exercise of its statutory powers of sale
- Successfully defended Kenyatta University in constitutional and judicial review proceedings before the Employment and Labour Relations Court concerning the integrity of scholarly research
- Advised a foreign investor on the local content and preferential requirements of the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act, 2015 in relation to a multi-billion shilling investment
- Conducted and coordinated a multi-jurisdictional legal due diligence on a group of companies with subsidiaries in Kenya, Uganda and Rwanda on behalf of the private equity team of a Mauritius-based investment bank
- Conducted a comprehensive legal due diligence on a telecommunications licensee on behalf of a telecommunications company which intended to wholly acquire it
- Involved in advising foreign and local clients on privately initiated investment proposals under the Public Private Partnerships Act
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya