Khaseke M. Georgiadis
Georgiadis holds Master of Science (MSc.) degree in International Trade Policy and Law from Lund University, a Post-Graduate Diploma in International Trade and Trade Law from Trade Policy Training Centre in Africa (Trapca), a Bachelor of Laws degree from Moi University, and a Post- Graduate Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law.
He undertook his pupillage at the law firm of Ochieng’ ,Onyango, Kibet and Ohaga Advocates (now TripleOK LLP) in 2007 before joining the law firm of Waweru Gatonye Advocates in 2008 as a Legal Assistant. He was called to the bar in year November 2008. He is currently a member of the Law Society of Kenya Committee on Continuing Professional Development (CCPD).
He specializes in Dispute Resolution and has experience in Civil and Commercial litigation. He has also rendered legal advisory services on commercial law and legislative drafting.
Highlight of notable matters
- Successfully represented Great Wall Drilling Company Limited in an arbitration claim worth USD 6.4 Million arising out of an Agency Agreement.
- Successfully represented Simba Colt Limited in an employment suit worth USD 1 Million by its former manager.
- Representing Crown Motors Group in various employment related disputes.
- Representing Kenyatta University in various judicial review proceedings and employment disputes.
- Retained by GIZ as the legal advisor and draftsman on behalf of the National Environment and Management Authority (NEMA) in the development and drafting of the Waste Tyre Management Regulations 2013.
- Representing Mediamax Limited in various defamation suits arising from both its print and broadcast media.
- Successfully represented Barclays Bank of Kenya in a claim arising from negotiable instruments.
- Successfully represented the Ministry of Energy and Petroleum in procurement dispute worth USD 170 Million arising out Lamu Coal Power Project.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya
- International Commission of Jurists- Kenya Chapter
- East Africa Law Society
- Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators
- Procurement Law Academic Network
- “Introduction of the in Duplum Rule in Kenya: a Legal Mechanism of Equitable Distribution of Resources or a Poverty Redistribution Initiative?” Kenya Law Review Journal Vol. II (2008-2010),also available online at http://www.kenyalaw.org/klr/index.php?id=844
- “The Emerging Jurisprudence on the Right of Access to Information in Kenya” http://www.kenyalaw.org/klr/index.php?id=1150
- “Investor-State Arbitration in the Context of EU-EAC EPA” available at SSRN Electric Journal Nov 2012 at https://ssrn.com/abstract=2257150