Mr. Mbogo holds a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Nairobi and an MSc in Capital Markets, Regulation and Compliance from the University of Reading. He is an Advocate and a Certified Secretary.
He has extensive experience in Commercial and Real Estate Transactions.
Highlight of notable matters
- Advising a client on the 100% acquisition of the shareholding of a company in the manufacturing sector. Our role included negotiating and drawing up the share purchase agreement and procuring the completion documents under that agreement. Also involved preparing an opinion on the applicability of competition law requirements under the Competition Act (the “Act”) and application for exemption of the transaction from the Act.
- Advising a client in the services and consultancy sector on the 100% acquisition of the shareholding of their company. Our role included drawing up the share purchase agreement and procuring the completion documents under that agreement. Also involved preparing an opinion on the applicability of competition law requirements under the Competition Act (the “Act”) and application for exemption of the transaction from the Act.
- Structuring of a Multi-million Euro joint venture between a Kenyan corporate entity and a Portuguese corporate entity in the automotive sector. Assignment involved, among other things, drawing up of a shareholders agreement, preparing allotments and filing these with the requisite registries, as well as ongoing advisory services around increases of share capital.
- Advising a corporate client in the real estate sector on an acquisition of the shares of its shareholders by a third party. Assignment included negotiating and drawing up the share purchase agreement, procuring requisite regulatory approvals as well as compiling the completion documents, including share transfers, waivers of pre-emptive rights among others.
- Advising a corporate client in a transaction on the acquisition of real estate in Naivasha. Our role included drawing up the agreement for sale, reviewing the transfers and completion documents including consents and presenting these to the land registry for registration.
- Offering transaction support to a Belgium based private equity fund making a debt investment of Euros five hundred thousand (€500,000) in a local company in the agribusiness/food processing sector. The assignment involved reviewing the loan agreement and adopting it to local practice, advising on local legal requirements around security for the loan and performance of the borrower’s obligations.
- Transaction support to a local conglomerate over a series of transactions resulting in equity investment in the various subsidiaries of this group of companies. Our support included reviewing of the various share purchase agreements and liaising with the Competition Authority for approval and/or exemption from the provisions of the Act.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya
- Institute of Certified Secretaries of Kenya
- Qualified Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) of the United Kingdom