Sharon Buyanzi is an Associate at Mohammed Muigai. Her practice focuses on real estate transactions and commercial law. Sharon has experience in banking and securities perfection, setting up/registration of business entities including registration with regulatory bodies, investment projects including share purchases, and immigration.
Sharon holds a Bachelor of Laws degree from Catholic University of Eastern Africa as well as a Post-Graduate Diploma from the Kenya School of Law. She also holds a Diploma in Business Information Technology (DBIT) from Strathmore University and is a member of the Law Society of Kenya. Sharon joined Mohammed Muigai as a legal intern in the year 2013 and subsequently undertook her pupillage in 2015 at the firm until her admission to the Bar in the year 2016.
Admitted as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya (2016)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Banking and perfection of securities
• Real estate transactions
• Business Set-Up, Legal and Regulatory Advice
SUMMARY OF TOP MATTERS HANDLED
• Currently acting for leading Kenyan banks in the preparation and perfection of security documentation (debentures and charges) (the estimated value of the matters is over USD 20 million).
• Facilitating large scale acquisitions and dispositions of land for residential and commercial purposes such as high-end maisonettes, villas, town houses, flats, office complexes and vacant parcels of land for prospective development.
• Advising and registration of various business entities including companies, micro-finance institutions, welfare societies, businesses, partnerships etc.
• Advised and conducted due diligence for a corporate client in the telecommunications sector in a transaction involving acquisition of subscribers. Our role included reviewing of the subscriber agreements and reviewing of the inventory of assets, advising on the sector regulations and policies, anti-monopoly laws and regulations issues, intellectual property considerations and employment considerations in the transaction.
• Currently advising a China based corporate client in the scientific research sector on setting up a local research institute. The assignment includes advising on the sector regulations and policy framework, procuring requisite regulatory approvals and licenses, registering the institute, and, advising on employment issues including drafting employment contracts.
• Drafting and tendering advisory services on commercial contracts including Share Purchase Agreements, Power Purchase Agreements, Settlement Agreements, Deeds of Variation, Shareholders Agreements, Asset Purchase Agreements, Non-Compete Agreements, Non -Disclosure Agreements and Due Diligence Reports.