Wanjirũ holds a Bachelor of Laws degree (with Human Resources Management) and a Masters of Arts in International Relations from Keele University. She also holds a Bachelor of Civil Law from the University of Oxford and is a member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn (called in 2007).
Since her admission as an advocate of the High Court of Kenya in 2010, Wanjirũ has received instructions in disputes concerning Energy, Intellectual Property, Employment and Pensions. She also has experience in shareholder disputes and has a particular interest in arbitration.
Through the Legal Advisory and Consultancy department at Mohammed Muigai, Wanjirũ has advised various government departments on the implementation of the Constitution with specific focus on Judicial Reforms and the establishment of key constitutional commissions and offices. She has also worked on legislative and institutional reform projects in the following areas: Public Procurement; Intellectual Property; Agriculture and the Environment; Governance and Infrastructure.
Civil Litigation, Legal Advisory and Consultancy
Highlight of notable matters
- Coordination of a consultancy undertaken by the firm for German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) Good Governance Support Project on the Audit of Judgements/Rulings and Prosecutorial decisions on corruption cases in Kenya;
- Participated in the formulation of the “Draft Policy on Anti-Counterfeiting, Anti-Piracy and other Intellectual Property Rights violations” for the East African Community;
- Has participated in drafting the agreements required for the proposed East African Community Broadband Infrastructure Network (EAC-BIN) for the EAC;
- Participated in the consultancy to review and harmonize Agricultural Laws in Kenya for the Agricultural Sector Coordination Unit (ASCU) in the Ministry of Agriculture;
- Participates in the ongoing review of the Kenya Communications Act, Regulations 2006;
- Participated in the review and drafting of regulations concerning contracts relating to the transport and storage of Petroleum Products for Kenya Pipeline Company Ltd;
- Advising the Kenya Pipeline Company over various issues arising from the operation of Oil Marketer Account at its facilities, following the placing into receivership of Triton Petroleum Company Ltd;
- Has advised various clients on diverse legal requirements, including Ecobank Kenya Ltd, Barclays Bank of Kenya Ltd, I&M Bank Ltd, Kenya Electricity Generating Company Ltd, Executive Turbines Kenya Ltd, Lady Lori Kenya Ltd, Kenyatta University, Kenya Petroleum Refineries Ltd, Kenya School of Professional Studies and Nation Media Group.
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya
- Member of the Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn (called in 2007).
- The East African Law Society
- International Bar Association.