Mr. Imende is the firm’s Managing Partner. He is a graduate of Moi University and the University of Nairobi where he obtained his LLB and LLM degrees respectively. He was called to the Bar in November 2004. He is also an examination moderator for the Trial Advocacy paper administered by the Council of Legal Education. Mr. Imende also sits as an arbitrator in construction and other commercial disputes.
He is mainly involved in Civil and Commercial Dispute Resolution. Some of the disputes involve enforcement of constitution and human rights, judicial review, construction disputes, defamation law, contract law, and intellectual property enforcement.
Highlight of notable matters
- Successfully represented a developer of a multi-billion shillings mixed user project in Runda, Nairobi in respect of an appeal filed before the National Environmental Tribunal;
- Successfully represented the Kenya Railways before the Public Procurement Administrative Review Board in a multi-million procurement dispute related to the concession for a consortium to advise the Kenya Railways on the management of the Standard Gauge Railway;
- Representing the Kenya Ports Authority in a claim worth 24Million US Dollars.
- Advised an oil marketing company and LPG Gas market leader in a divestiture transaction;
- Represented the Kenya Ports Authority before the Petition Committee established under the Public Private Partnerships Act in proceedings challenging the concessioning of the entity to manage the Second Container Terminal in Mombasa.
- Representing the Kenya Airports Authority in various constitutional petitions;
- Representing the Capital Markets Authority in constitutional petitions challenging is statutory mandate;
- Successfully represented the Registrar of Political Parties in an appeal before the Court of Appeal where the Registrar’s statutory mandate was impugned;
- Successfully represented the Competition Authority in proceedings impugning its decision regarding a merger and acquisition of a local Supermarket chain.
- Representing the National Construction Authority in various proceedings challenging its statutory mandate to collect the construction levy.
- Successfully represented the Kenya Electricity Generation Company in proceedings challenging its development of a hydroelectric power generation plant
Membership in Professional Bodies
- Law Society of Kenya
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, UK
- International Commission of Jurists (ICJ) – Kenya Chapter